Queensland Car Window Tinting Laws (Sept 2017)
- A combined total amount of visible light transmittance of 35% or higher, is permitted on the drivers door, and the passenger front door windows.
- All windows behind the drivers seating position of light motor vehicles are allowed to have a darker window tint applied. The combined total amount of visible light transmittance of these windows must not be lower than 20%. Your vehicle must also need to be fitted with a rear view mirror on both sides.
- The Front windscreens on all road registered vehicles are only permitted to have a horizontal band across the top section. They can not exceed 10% of the total windscreen height, and must not extend over the path of your wipers.
- The windows in the cargo section of all goods vehicles can be tinted as dark as 0% total block-out.
- Heavy motor vehicle and busses that seat 10 or more passengers, can have the windows behind the drivers seating position tinted as dark as 0% total block-out.
- The window tint on all windows will need to be in good roadworthy condition with no bubbles and clear to be seen through. For more info, click here.
Action Tint will recommend you to have your window tint applied to your vehicle's glass at no darker than the legal limits, and keeping your windows clean at all times. If for whatever reasons, you choose to ignore our recommendations, please be aware that if your windows are inspected by an authorised authority, you may be required to remove any window tint that is not compliant to the current rules and regulations of the state of your vehicles registration. In Queensland, a fine may be issued, and one demerit point may be deducted from your license. Authorised authorities include Roadworthy Inspectors, Queensland Transport, Police.
A good quality window Tint will help to block the sunlight, reducing the speed of heat entry and give you more shade, keeping you cooler while driving the vehicle. As another added bonus, window tinting blocks the Ultra Violet rays protecting you, your family and friends.